Washington Capitals

This week for my blog I will be talking about my favourite hockey team, the Washington Capitals.

The Washington Capitals are a NHL team that is located in Washington of course. They came into the league back in 1974 and have played every season since.

I like them so much because, I don’t really know why. One day when I was 6 or 7 I just decided that they were going to be my favourite team. Another reason is that my favourite player plays for them, Alex Ovechkin. He is their captain.

Some records and awards that they have gotten during their years as a team were the most losses in a season which was 8-67-5. It still remains the worst in NHL history. But to show that they have gotten better through the years, in 2018 they won the Stanley Cup for the first time ever.

I think that when Alex Ovechkin retires, they will go back to bad seasons like they used to have. I hope not and they will have a lot of extra money to spend on more good players. In conclusion, I really like the Capitals and I think that they are a really good team. Here is a link to more info about the team.https://www.nhl.com/capitalsOfficial Washington Capitals Website | NHL.com