Writers Workshop 2

Why Carey Price Is The Best                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Jayden

Mr.Ewert

WW

Carey Price is a Canadian ice hockey goalie who is 33 years old. He was born in Vancouver. When he was three, his family moved to Anaheim Lake, B.C. He grew up there and then later moved away from home.

His parents’ names are Lynda Price (Mother) and Jerry Price (Father). Jerry’s profession was also an NHL goalie but for the Philadelphia Flyers. His mother’s job is the Chief of Ulkatcho First-Nation. He has a sister whose name is Kayla Price and she is his only sibling. They have two daughters whose names are Liv and Millie.

Some highly-coveted awards that he should be incredibly proud of winning include The Vezina trophy, Hart Memorial trophy, Ted Lindsay trophy, William M. Jennings trophy Lou Marsh trophy, Lionel Conacher award and the Del Wilson award. He has also attended 8 all-star competitions. He has also been a candidate for other awards but didn’t win them.

His yearly net worth usually works out to about $ 2 million dollars after other payments. With all of his contracts throughout his career in the NHL his total money collected equaled up to about $75 million dollars!

The reason I like him so much is because of various reasons. One is he is a very good goalie that always puts in a consistent effort and is very kind to fans and donates to fans and charities often. I hope that he will win the Stanley Cup in his career because I think he definitely deserves one. I also think that it would be really cool to see him score a goal.

Throughout his time in the NHL, he has made many really amazing saves and plays. He has brought his team to the playoffs and rewarded them with a great season several times due to his amazing skill.

Like I previously mentioned, he donates to many causes that he is passionate about. He surprises kids with hockey gear and money. He donates money to hospitals also to help kids. He spends his free time sometimes with fans to make their day.

In conclusion, I really like Carey Price and I think that he is the best goalie on and off the ice. I hope you know more about him now.