NHL 22

Hello, for my blog this week I will be telling you about the newest NHL game by EA Sports and some facts about it and why I like it.

It was released on October 15th to Xbox Series X, Series S, PS5 and if they have another new console I don’t know what it is. Xbox One and PS4 as well. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and I got it about two weeks ago.

The cover athlete this year is Auston Matthews. This is his second time on the cover (he was on the cover of NHL 20). I’m not a fan of this and I think they should have picked someone new instead of someone you used two years ago. There were many good options such as Nathan Mackinnon, David Pastrnak, Andrei Vasilevskiy, and many more.

Some things I really like about it are the new Superstar X-Factor’s. These give the best players in the league and new upcoming stars an ability to make them better. If they are having a good game then it activates itself and makes the player better. Another thing I really like is the new graphics and menu screen. This year EA put in a thing called Frostbite. This makes players look way more realistic. with the new face scans this year and the frostbite it makes the game look a lot better. They made the iceĀ  surface and the arenas look a lot more realistic as well. Compared to older NHL games, it makes the game seem more like real life than ever. This is just a little change but I think it looks way better. The menu last year was like a grid with all the game modes and it was sort of boring. But this year there are multiple pages. There is a recommended page, online games, offline and a more page. Now its in lists instead of a grid so in my opinion it looks a little cleaner. But it doesn’t fill the entire screen. This year like I said there is Superstar X-Factors. So on about half the screen it shows some of the best players in the league’s real life game clips and it has a photo of them with the Superstar ability beside them.

Some things I really don’t like are the background, cover athlete and Be a Pro. I like the menu but I don’t like the background colour. It’s white and its so bright. EA uses such a tiny black font so it is super hard to see he names on the screen. Like I said earlier I think it’s sorta stupid to use the same person almost back to back. Sure, he’s a great hockey player but I think someone else deserves to be on the cover. Be a Pro. I do like that they have this game mode but it is almost identical to last year. One of my favourite things in that mode are the cutscenes and conversations. They are the exact same this year and I would have liked it they switched it up to make it more interesting and fun.

Well, that is the end of my blog and I hope you enjoyed. Here’s a link to more info about NHL 22.https://www.ign.com/articles/nhl-22-review