NHL Point Leaders

Hello and for my blog this week II will be telling you some news that I think it interesting.

Point leaders: So far (I am going by Feb. 18), the top 3 points leaders are…

• Connor McDavid in 1st with 32 points in 18 games. He has 9 goals and 23 assists.
  • Leon Draisaitl in 2nd with 28 points in 18 games. He has 10 goals and 18 assists. They are both on the Edmonton Oilers which is crazy since they are not really that close to first place.
  • It is tied between Patrick Kane and Mitchell Marner. They both have 23 points. They also have the same amount of goals and assists with 7 goals and 16 assists.

Best GAA (goals against average), the leaders are…

• Alexi Melnichuk with 0 goals against. I dont think he should be first only because he has only played for 1 game. I think the leader should be Marc-Andre Fleury who is in “4th” with 1.56. Alexi only has 5 saves in total.
  • 2nd is Petr Mrazek with with a 0.99 average. He has played 4 games which makes it a little more believable that he makes a lot more saves.
  • 3rd is Jaroslav Halak with an average of 1.38. He has played 5 games which is one more than Petr so it is clear he makes a lot of saves also.

Rookies with he most points are… (hint: not the first overall pick)

• Pius Suter and Josh Norris are tied for first and they both have ten points. Pius was Signed by the Blackhawks in July, 2020  but this is his first season playing. Josh plays for the Ottawa Senators and was drafted by the San Jose Sharks in 2020 but once again, this is his first season.
  • Philipp Kurashev, Nils Hoglander and Kirill Kaprizov are tied for 2nd with 9 points. Philipp plays for Chicago, Nils plays for Vancouver and Kirill plays for Minnesota.
  •  Ty Smith is in 3rd place with 8 points. He plays for the New Jersey Devils He was drafted by them in 2018 in the first round.

The last thing I will be telling you about are the leaders of each division. The leader of the North Division which consists of Winnipeg, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa. The leader right now is the Toronto Maple Leafs with 26 points. They are 6 points higher than any other team in that division.

In the Central division there are two teams tied for first. Those teams are the Chicago Blackhawks and the Florida Panthers, they both have 22 points. It is really surprising that Tampa isnt first in that division. Its also crazy that Florida is tied for first because they didnt even make qualifiers to the playoffs last year (they were in the bottom 8 teams).

In the East division the leader is the Boston Bruins with 22 points. The next team is Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and New York Islanders. It isnt surprising that Boston is doing so good because they have the one of the best goalies and some  of the best players in the league like David Pastrnak.

Finally, in the West Division, the leader is the St. Louis Blues with 22 points. Although, Las Vegas is a close second with 21 points. I think in that division the leader after all the games will either be Las Vegas or Colorado.

But overall the leader out of the entire NHL is The Maple Leafs with 26 points.

That is the end of my blog and heres a link for some more info about the NHL and some deeper news about Covid and players.https://www.nhl.com/Image result for nhl

One thought on “NHL Point Leaders”

1. I think Kevin Lankinen should win the calder this year because the Blackhawks announced a rebuild this year and they have no goalies but now that Lankinen came as the hawks starter the Hawks have become a team in a playoff spot which is really surprising because the Hawks have basically no defense and only Debrincat Kane and Toews on offense