The Maze Runner book series

Hello, and this week for my blog I will be telling you about my favorite book/book series that I have read.

If you have never read the book, “The Maze Runner”, I highly suggest you do. It is written by James Dashner and first came out on October 6th, 2009. It is the first book of the 5 book series and it is the only one that I have fully read now. Today actually, will be the first time reading the second book because I finished the first book yesterday. The names of the 5 books are The Maze Runner (Book 1), The Scorch Trials (Book 2), The Death Cure (Book 3), The Kill Count (Book 4) and The Fever Code (Book 5).

I will give you a brief summary of the first book and try not to give any spoilers. So Thomas who is the main character is sent up a elevator type thing but it is just a metal box. He dosen’t remember a single thing but his name, which is Thomas.

There are a bunch of teen boys in this place that they call the Glade. They keep on trying to send people out into the maze everyday and those people are called “The Runners” . Thomas wants to be a runner but he is new so the leaders dont think he should be one because it take slots of training and responsibility.

Out in the maze there are these creatures called grievers that are made of blubber and metal tools like saws and other things like that. They can also sting you which makes you remember a little bit but it also makes you all weird and go crazy for a little bit.

These boys have tried everything that you can think of and they still cant get out after 2 years. Thomas has an idea though that may work. I wont tell you what it is but if you want to know you will have to read the book.

It is an action and sci-fi type book that is very exciting and it is my favorite book. There is also movies to go with the first 3 books that are a little bit graphic but they are good too. If you want to learn more about The Maze Runner, here is a link for more info.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maze_Runner_(book_series)#:~:text=The%20Maze%20Runner%20is%20the,and%20open%20in%20the%20morning.Image result for maze runner book info

3 thoughts on “The Maze Runner book series”

1. I have never read this series before but im interested in it now so i will have to try it! Very good blog!