Alexis Lafreniere

Hello and for my blog this week i will be telling you about the first overall pick this year in the NHL draft.

Alexis Lafreniere is a Canadian hockey player for the New York Rangers.  He was drafted first overall by them this year and was expected to be really good in the NHL. So far he isnt the highest scoring rookie but he is still good even if he isnt scoring as much.

So far he has played 7 games in the NHL and has 1 goal. Just last night he got his first goal yet. It was an overtime goal and he got a perfect pass and one timed it into the back of the net.

He was born in St. Eustache, Quebec. His parents names are Hugo and Natalie Lafreniere, she is a grade 1 teacher. He also has a sister whos name is Lori-Jane and she is 3 years older than him. She is a soccer player for the University of Montreal. When he was growing up he also played baseball and was a shortstop but he decided to play hockey instead.

Last year at the world juniors, Canada won the gold medal and he was a big part of the team. In that tournament he had a total of 10 points, second for team Canada. When people saw how he played at that tournament he was projected by almost everyone to go first overall in the draft.

I personally really like him and think he is a really good player. He is fast, has a good shot and always knows where to be on the ice. So far in his NHL career he hasnt been getting too many points, but it is the very start of the year and I’m sure that he will be getting many more points in the future.

That is the end of my blog and I hope you liked it, here is a link to Elijah’s blog where he did a blog on the 3rd overall pick this year.https://elijahsaemsblog2020.edublogs.org/2021/01/28/tim-stutzle/Rangers' Alexis Lafrenière 'not intimidated' in opening loss – The Athletic

3 thoughts on “Alexis Lafreniere”