My Topo 5 Favorite Hockey Players

Hello, this week for my blog I will be telling you about my top 5 favorite hockey players. One of my last blogs were my favorite teams, but now I will be doing favorite players.

5. Elias Petterson

Elias Petterson is a Swedish centreman for the Vancouver Canucks. He was drafted 5th overall in the 2017 draft and has been a really good player since his rookie year. I really like him because he plays on one of my favorite hockey teams and he is very skilled in his shot, hands and skating ability. Even though he is a smaller forward  compared to large defenceman, at the skills competition he put up a slapshot with the speed of 102.4 miles per hour it was a very good shot.The Vancouver Canucks need to sign Elias Pettersson this summer

4. Kyle Connor

Kyle Connor is an American left wing who is a really good player. He plays for the Winnipeg Jets and was drafted by them in 2015. He is a player who can put up a bunch of points. He has really good hands and can deke around defenseman. He also has a pretty good shot so it isnt a smart idea to leave him open because it may lead to a goal. In my opinion he is the best Winnipeg Jets player.Connor agrees to seven-year, near $50 million contract with Jets

3. Nathan Mackinnion

Nathan Mackinnion is a Canadian centerman. He plays for the Colorado Avalanche and was drafted by them in 2013. He is especially really good at speed and skating, He is known as one of the fastest skaters in the NHL. He isnt only good at skating because his shot is really good also. He is an all around good player that should be defended more than others when on the ice.Nathan MacKinnon Is Destined for the Hockey Hall of Fame

2. John Carlson

John Carlson is an American defenseman. He plays for the Washington Capitals and was drafted by them in 2008. He is known as one of the best defenseman for getting points. In the past years him and Alex Ovechkin have made a great duo. He has an insanely hard slapshot and won the competition for that category a couple of years back. He is a very offensive smart defenseman but is really good at stopping players too.NHL Defensemen Aren't Supposed To Score Like John Carlson | FiveThirtyEight

1. Alex Ovechkin

Alex Ovechkin is a Russian left wing. He plays for the Washington Capitals and was drafted by them in 2004. He has been an all-star for his entire career and has been putting up points frequently. He is one of the best goal scorers ever in the NHL. I really like him because he can lay big hits and score a lot of goals. He has no problem skating past defenders and scoring goals. I think he is the next best hockey player other than Gretzky in the entire history of the NHL.Alex Ovechkin has a new cereal called 'Ovi O's' coming out - Article -  Bardown

That is it for my blog this week and here’s a link to Elijah’s blog for more blogs about hockey.https://elijahsaemsblog2020.edublogs.org/